bench truck seat?

Ok, my truck is a 92 K 1500 automatic, basic cloth bench seat, which only folds forward to give access to storage area. Regular cab. Bench seat mounts to cab with two bolts on the left and two on the right
sides of the cab floor.
I've been looking on E-Bay for a replacement seat and I may end up looking other places too, where I can see the seat first hand.
1) what seats will fit this year model truck?
2) is the 2nd seat out of a suburban the same as the bench seat in a regular cab pickup?
3) what would be involved in changing over to bucket seats?
I've seen some nice seats out of newer model pickups and suburbans, where they just pull them right out of a new truck to install custom sets.But I wonder what's different on the brackets and floorboards between the year model trucks.
Anyone have experience with some of the aftermarket seats? I think one brand is call smittybilt? any brands to avoid in the aftermarket?
I would like to get a nice OEM seat (red / maroon color, cloth) in either a bench or bucket. The bench seat I have now has a good rip in the cushion next to the drivers door and it looks to me that its "un-repairable" some of the foam has come out too. Was like this when I bought the thing and over time its gotten worse. I just have a towel over the rip now. ----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com
*inline*

'88-'99
NOT EVEN CLOSE...its a 2pc seat and is a totally different mounting system.

Buckets from the same year pick-up would entail drilling 2 holes for each seat and nuts for the bolts(if not already exuipped with bucket mount holes). Non-Factory buckets? Trial and error fitting, possible modification to the mounts, possible fabrication...

Most are direct bolt in. I have never used aftermarket myself, but have installed a few. Dont know which is best/worst.
ok,
thanks for the comments
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:06:01 -0600, "Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote:>*inline*

----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com

Just a tip that may help, go to classic industries web page and download truck catalog in pdf format and take a look at prices, years and interchange http://www.classicindustries.com /
It seems that 88-96 is the same. They have upholstery kits as well.
Ok, I'll check out the web site. Thanks

----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com