Bigger Tires

04' 2500 HD 245/75/16 I`m gonna put bigger tires on my stock rims. 285/75/16 I know they will fit. My question is,can I just put them on and go,or do
I need to do something else?
You'll probably need wider rims than what the stock rims are. It's a safety issue.
I have a 2003 2500hd 6.0L. I was at a dealership and put on a set of 285's and they would not fit as they hit the frame in the back by the cab. You might have to change rim size to get them to fit as well as cut back the front plastic valance. My guess only.
good luck. bruce

Your tires hit in the back? Do you have wider rims?Lowered? 4x4? I talked to this guy a few days ago. He also has a 04' HD. Exactly like mine. No lift.He also has not touched the torsion bars either. He put the 285`s on the stock wheels. Other than the speedo being off,and if he turns real tight the tires will rub. That is the only problem he has had.
Bill
I put mine on stock rims at the dealership. mine is a standard '03 2500 hd with automatic trans, 4X4 touch control (piece of shirt), and not lowered. They hit mostly in the back, and also hit in front on lower valance, cheesy valance btw. bruce

http://chevytruckworld.tenmagazines.com/forums/topic.ten?pos=1&id 3308
Check out this group!
Bill
reprogram the Computer and abs