bigger tires

I have a 98 z71 4x4 with a 3" body lift riding on 33/12.50-r15 tires.I want to get a larger tire to fill up some of the wheel well but keep my factory rims,any suggestions on tire size?

Reply to
Jgh4323

You've got 12.5" wide tires on factory rims? That's gotta be pushin the limit for width already, for a taller tire you're looking at pizza cutters. Try something like a 35x10.5r15 Super Swamper SSR.

Demon

Reply to
George

As far as I can remember the factory rims have been 16 inch since I before

Reply to
sidewinder

Obviously not factory wheels at 15", so we should assume he means he wants to go back to the factory wheels (16") and put bigger tires on these (discontinuing use of either the aftermarket or 80s body style 15" wheels).

I think I've heard a 315 width, but not sure of the ratios. Compare this width 315mm to 12.5" and you'll find they're basically same width.

315mm=12.4"

Snowman

Reply to
Snowman

'87 was the last year for 15" wheels on 4x4's. When they changed the body style, they went to 16" as well as a diffeent rim offset.

Now... the Blazer, Suburban and crew cab pickup didn't change to the new body style until '92. So you will find factory 15" rims on them untill then.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Kimmell