Binding Brakes-What the Hell?

98 Blazer-90K, with original brakes, parked outside for six months (after I bought a TDI). Went for a 25 mile trip and on the way home all the brakes started binding so bad I barely made it back. I've
been parking cars outside for many years and this is the first time it's happened to me. Lousy cheap parts. wrenden