Black Box

It's a recorder,not a transmitter.

Reply to
DesertEd

Elliott

I heard they actually record information which can be used for diagnosis or for accidents, kind of like on airplanes. They supossedly record things like speed, ABS brake usage, whether the seat belt is engaged, air bag deployment, and such.

1987 Z75 Sub (the old off road package was order #Z75) 2003 Z71 Sub (new is nice but don't scratch it)
Reply to
Ken K

Reply to
DesertEd

Or something the retard behind the counter forgot to demagnetize or whatever.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

When those were starting to get popular I was in college. We found it fun to peel them off the back of cd's for example and put them on the floor stick side up. It worked really well when they had a carpet rug or something to hide them next to. We would hang out and wait until someone finally stepped on it and it stuck to the bottom of their shoe and then set off the alarm going out the door.

Reply to
Eugene

I think what Elliot is referring to is an RF chip. They actually send a signal out. Depending on what is flashed on the chip. Mostly there used to transmit the bar code of the item. Wal-Mart is experimenting with these is stores, they are looking to be able to push a shopping cart through a halo scanner and it would ring up your entire sale. No more slow ass cashiers with an attitude. We use them in the plant to track manufactured items through out the processes.

nospam

Reply to
NoSpam

Your correct, that's just what they do.

nospam

Reply to
NoSpam

Reply to
Elliott

That sounds like some good clean fun. I don't think I could have that patience though, I think I would be a little more proactive & "walk" into a few people.... hehehe

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

You mean "Even more illiterate people on welfare".

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Reply to