Blazer 94 engine repair kit

Hi there!

I write to all of you from Russia, Moscow. The problem is - On my Blazer 94, 4.3, vortex, 5 cylinder dont have compression. In autoservice their ask from me around $600-$700 for spare parts for engine repair. How much it cost in USA and if it is possible, can i buy it from Moscow via internet with handling to Russia.

Thank you in advance Maxim V Efimov

P.S. Sorry for bad English.

Reply to
Maxim V Efimov

That is a difficult question to answer. It would help if you could tell us Which parts they want to replace. No compression in 5 cylinders sounds pretty bad.

You can buy most auto parts for this car and engine over the internet

many others depending on what parts you want)

Ken

Maxim V Efimov wrote:

Reply to
73blazer

Let's see the VIN.

Reply to
hank

What the hell will that accomplish?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Reply to
hank

Reply to
sidewinder

He may have meant the number five cylinder.

Anyway, its helpful to know what they want $600 to do (and is that even in US dollars). Even if that is just the part price, it might not be economical to buy parts over the net and ship them to Russia. With the bad currency exchange rate (dollar to rouble) and the high shipping charges, it doesn't seem practical.

I would mention to the original poster that he consider auto salvage yards. Though it is an uncommon vehicle in Russia, if there is this one, there is bound to be another. If you can find one in a salvage yard, then that means you are getting an original type part, and not a European copy that may be out of specifications.

And if it is stolen, I know some guys with a floating tow truck that can go and get it back. Anyone want to joing a posse? (just kidding, Maxim).

Jeff

Reply to
jeff