blazer door panel removal

I need to remove the left interior door panel on my 2000 Chevy Blazer so as to access the power window motor/regulator. I removed the switch panel so the panel is dangling from it's wires. Next, I removed the only visible screw, the one behind the door lever. With no other fastener visible, I tried prying off the panel by inserting a prying tool between the plastic panel and the metal frame at various places around the panel, but it won't come off. Do I just need to use more force, or is there something else I need to do? Any advice as to how to remove the panel is appreciated.

Jeff

Reply to
jeff

If I remember correctly....

There are two phillips screws in the arm rest hand hold. Remover them. Tap the arm rest forward or backward to slide it from it's support. then, use a large flat blade screw driver or putty knife to pop the plastic holders out of the holes behind the door panel, around the edges. With the window down, lift the panel off the door.

Reply to
AZ John

OK, I don't have the car right now, I'll try this when my wife returns with it tonight. Problem is, the window is all the way up, and the power unit is dead, so I can't get the window down. Anyway to remove the door panel with the window up? Thanks, Jeff

Reply to
jeff

You may be able to, but with all the screws, etc out of the panel, you can swing it up enough to unbolt the window track and carefully lower the glass.

Reply to
AZ John