Blazer eats front wheel bearings

I have a '99 Chevy Blazer that eats front hub /wheel bearings. After the first 25,000 miles, I developed a loud "buzzing" that got louder with
vehicle speed. Dealer replaced the right hub /bearing assembly and life was good.Since then, I have had to have the left and right assemblies replaced 4 times !! Alignment was checked and was fine. Seems like these hub /bearing assemblies just don't live long. Anyone else having the same problem ?

Are you using factory wheels? Lynn
Yes, everything on the car is stock. The recent replacement bearing / hub assemblies have come from US-1 Auto. The original bearing and first replacement were from a chevy dealership.

was
replaced
/bearing
"Jim Foros"wrote

We have had a lot of problems with these vehicles and their front wheel bearings, but your situation sounds extreme. About the only thing I can think of is that the large axle nut is not being torqued properly when the install is done.
Ian

hub
Ian, Do you see a lot of this on all 1999 Chevy 4x4's or just the Blazers?
Thanks
nospam
"NoSpam" wrote

Mainly the Blazers. All of the GM vehicles have some problems with wheel bearing assemblies, but I've seen more then their fair share of replacements on the Blazers, and the Malibu line.
Ian
is this mainly a problem with just the 1999's or does it affect other model years as well ie. 1998/2000 etc?
On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 02:47:40 GMT, "shiden_Kai"

Check for a bad spindle

was
replaced
/bearing
I just had both of mine replaced at the dealer. $1200, but it was done right. Mine lasted 65,000 miles. Haven't had a problem since. My cousin (who is a certified GM mech) told me to make sure I got the bearings from GM because he has seen many problems with hub assemblies from auto parts stores. Mine has almost 10,000 miles on it now since I had them done, and no problems yet.
P.S. He also said I could get them from NAPA because they use the same bearing manufacturer as GM does. I just bought them at the dealer for the warranty issue. If they go bad again anytime soon, the dealer will take care of it.
John