Blazer shaking

I have a 1999 Blazer 4x4 that shakes at 75+ mph. It's not a constant shaking and doesn't seem to have anything to do with the type of road, asphalt or concrete. The whole car will start to shake for about 1/4 mile and then quit, a few miles later start shaking and then quit. Below 75 mph it's fine.

Today I was changing the brake pads and noticed some green grease coming out of an axle boot on the front drivers side. It's slung around onto everything in a circular pattern. From what I can tell the boot looks ok, not ripped or cracked. Could there be a problem with a seal, bearing, ??, inside this boot causing the shaking.

Reply to
NCIII

Jessie Herrera

First, let me say that a blazer was not designed to travel at speeds above

75+ mph. Now, the vibration you are feeling is of the harmonic type because it oscillates. This is caused by a rotating shaft whether it be the crankshaft, driveshaft or axleshaft. A bad u-jount could cause this or if the driveshaft has recently been rebuilt the u-joints could be out of phase because the spline joint was incorrectly aligned. you may want to check the bushing or bearing that supports the front of the driveshaft or drive flange. here are some links for you:
luck
Reply to
Mad Dog