Blazer Starter

Hi, 91 Chevy Blazer S-10 Starter needs replacement. I have never seen such a pain in the a**. Woa! I had to take off part of the undercarriage cross-member and I still
can't get the starter out. Do you have to pull the axle? Help appreciated. Waz
91 S-10 4X4 here....Need to drop the crossmember but didn't need to pull an axle...Do remember it was a major PITA....
Perhaps I did need to drop the front driveshart to get the Torque convertor cover off (or was that for something else?)
Ken
Ken, you were close to it, I finally had to break the axle half shaft loose and pry it down too, as well as take off the cross member underneath, and then I managed to slip it down and out. WHEW.. THANKS Waz

I have an 89 S-10 4wd Blazer had to loosen right motor mount and jack it up a little.