blazer that won't start maybe a security system malfunction

My 2000 chevy blazer won't turn over, nothing. It used to do this occasionally but I could wait 10 minutes and then it would start. I think maybe something to do with the locking system since drivers powerlock
won't physically pop down. "Passlock" maybe the system Im checking. I have also disconnected the negative battery terminal to disable the system then connected and retried but no success
Does the security lite stay on when this happens?

-
If it is the security system:
There is a switch on top of the ignition lock cylinder, under the steering column trim cover. You can short the two white or yellow wires, and the vehicle should start.
If it starts and stalls within a few seconds after doing that, then it's in that circuit.
Alternatively, if your key has a chip in it, which is only a resistor. Disconnect the plug next to the steering column, under the dash near the brake pedal. Put a piece of paper clip in each socket in the wiring harness part of the plug (The two yellow wires go back to the ignition switch to read the chip) stick the key between the two pieces of paper clip, at the resistor/chip.
The car should start, unless it's not the security system.
RK