Bleeding Brake Lines

Has anyone ever had to remove the ABS controller from a 99-02 Silverado and had to bleed the lines after reinstalling? It seems that there is an air bubble somewhere, my pedal goes to the floor and doesn't seem to "Pump Up". When I crack open the bleeders the fluid doesn't squirt out either.....more just trickles out.

Brian

Reply to
Trail Shredder

I believe that you might have to use a scan tool so that you can perform an "automated bleed" sequence. It just cycles the solenoids in the ABS hydraulic module to get rid of the air in the module.

First thing to do is to perform a normal manual bleed procedure, then you perform the automated bleed procedure, and then finish off with another manual bleed procedure. Fun, eh? If you don't understand what I just said, go take the vehicle to a professional.

Ian

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

GM recommends the two man method in the service manuals, but no mention of cycling the ABS solenoids.

Reply to
Martin Riddle

You may not be looking in the right section. But the ABS automated bleed procedure is there in the antilock section for those years. It's not always necessary, but in the case of the OP's complaint, it might be necessary.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai