blower motor.

hey guys.

im having a little issue with my blower motor which i thought you chevy gurus could shed some light on. i just put in a brand spankin new blower motor two weeks ago. it worked fin until now. if i want to have full use of the blower, i have to disconnect and then reconnect power to the motor. if i start it normally, the motor spins, but slowly. im at a loss, and any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance. tyler

Reply to
tberre

although I've forgotten what its called there is a "resistor" inline on the switch that controls the fan blower speed. I would suspect that the resistor is a fault.

----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com

Reply to
Elbert

You did not mention your Chev Model Year??

My 2000 Chev Silverado Z-71 LT Ext Cab 5.3 CID burned out

the blower motor resistor pack 3 months ago. (Lasted 6 yrs).

The 4 lower speeds did not work, Super Fast did blow.

Old/bad original part no #15305077 (poor design)

New design Part No. is Heavier Duty #89019089 $45.00

Was dealer install for $42.40.

Reply to
Dennis Mayer

sorry, i forgot to list model/year. its a 1993 S10 Blazer 4WD. last night i found if i tapped on the blower relay it would kick on. so I replaced that and im getting the same results. i look into the resistor pack now as it seems like the most obvious culprit.

thanks for your replys! tyler

Reply to
tberre