Body rot

I have a 1979 1/2 ton surburban with a lot of body rot where the spare tire sets in. Is there a kit to repair this like an aftermarket piece that set in where the spare would got that could fill in the rotted
area. Or would it be easier to maybe cut out the spare tire area all togethewr and have a plate welded into the bed to fill the hole? Ideas (serious ones)?.. snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
Look into www.millsupply.com or www.keystone.com
They might have something. I in my many years have used from: a 55 gallon drum section, then hammer and dollied the sides, and made side panels to the floor.
Regular automotive sheetmetal, and formed the trough section, hammer and dollied the sides for rigidity, and made side panels, to the floor.
Used old hoods, doors and roofs, to fabricate these parts. Lots of wagons needed them in my day!
Refinish King
Fiberglass works good also