body swap

I want to put a '74 Blazer body on a '79 Blazer frame. Anyone know of any physical problems with this body swap? Thanks Kevin

Reply to
kevinholmes

the bodies will be heavy to carry from one frame to another.

Reply to
Snowman

the pan in the rear seat area is shaped differently, and the '79 has only a half removable roof, so my concern is the shape of the frame rails, and whether the frame is stiff enough for the full top body.

Reply to
kevinholmes

My guess is that the frames will be the same. Measure your mounts center-to-center and front to rear. If they're the same body style, then they will fit, more than likely - this is one of the many REAL NICE things about GM is interchangability. Frame will be plenty stiff enough for the extra weight, if that is what I understand you are asking.

Hopefully, someone will offer up some more insight on this one from real world experience.

Reply to
Snowman

I have access to a 10,000 lb rack. My concern is that I have assumed, based on the fact that 73-75 hard tops are nearly always cracked at the rear upper corners, presumably from excessive flex, that they went to the half cab to stiffen the body shell. I'm just concerned about jumping from the frying pan into the fire. Kevin

Reply to
kevinholmes

Reply to
seeray