Bolt-on Parts vs Engine Swap

I have a 1995 Cheyenne 4x4 with a 4.3L TBI engine. This is a very good truck and I'm happy with it except that it is a bit under powered. Would it be better/easier to increase performance through
bolt-on parts or bite the bullet and swap out the V6 for a V8?
All thought are welcome. Thanks in advance.
John
there is no replacement for displacement. Not enough bolt-on parts to make a 4.3 do what a couple more cylinders and more cubes can do.
Snowman

I never really expected bolt-on parts to transform the 6 into a full-up 8. I'm really looking for around a 20-25% "real" increase. Is it possible to get that kind of power boost from bolt-on parts?
I would certainly prefer an 8 but am looking for the path of least resistance.
On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 07:38:49 -0500, "Snowman" <somethingorotherdotcom> wrote:

see if Paxton makes a supercharger for your application. That is about the only way I could see to get power from a v-6. The problem is that your wallet will get real thin in a hurry for one of these.
Snowman

Thanks for the response Snowman. You basically confirmed what I was afraid of, my only real option is an engine swap. The 4.3 is running too well to rip it out. I'll just have to live with it for a while more.