Brake bleeding dilema

I have my new master cylinder installed and it's been bench bleed and ready to go. My only problem is I need an "assistant" to help in bleeding the lines and remainder of the system. I live out in the boonies all by my lonesome and really have no help to accomplish this tremendous feat. I have been looking around the net and found these little cuties.

Anyone have any dealing with these devices and do they work and are they worth the price????

Thanks

Reply to
Old Hippy

I've never used them but they might do the job for you. What you could do is just gravity bleed the system, break the bleeders loose and make sure that the master cylinder is kept full while watching for clean fluid to come out of each wheel. Takes awhile but I've been successful in the past doing this.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

I've installed quite a few. They pretty much perform as advertised.

Once you've installed them you can't gravity bleed due to the force needed to unseat the check ball. If you have a lot of air in the system, same thing.

-RC

R.Clarke spam snipped-for-privacy@BlocKmindspring.com RTP, NC, USA

Reply to
R Clarke

The best way to do it alone is quite easy. get a jar with a lid(small like a baby food jar is ok) and get a piece of small like 1/8 inch rubber tubing about 2 feet long. now punch a hole in the jar lid so that you can feed one end of the hose tightly into it. now fill the jar about 1/3 full and screw the lid on. now crawl under and place the loose end of the hose over the bleed screw . open the bleed screw about 1/4 turn and place the jar on the ground. no go inside the vehicle and push the pedal down about 1/2 way. this pumps the air and some fluid out of the line and into the jar. The 1/3 full fluid you first place in the jar is enough so that when you let up on the brake, it is sucked back into the line and not air. do this, could have some one watch the jar, until no air bubbles come out. close the bleeder screw and remove the hose. done! you might check the jar to make sure that you did not overflow it and also check the master fluid level to see if it is low. do not push the pedal to much without checking the master level or you will push ail into the lines. done this many times and works well. old john

Reply to
<ajeeperman