Brake Controller 2000 Sierra

Hello,
Has anyone put a brake controller in the place where the cassette is on the center console? It would make a sweet spot, I just want it to fit OK.
What makes of contollers are best?
Thanks,
Clint '00 Sierra X-Cab S/Box 5.3 Z71
Clint wrote:

Tekonsha are probably the most popular: All of theirs are inertia sensing types.
With most you normally need access to the bottom for gain adjustment.
Envoy is a nice little unit. I recommend Prodigy.
You need the GM brake Control wire harness too if you don't already have one.
Check Ebay for some good prices.

There is only one "REAL" brake controller made. See: http://www.bestairhitch.com/master_brake.htm#Brakesmart%20Brake%20Controller Yes, it is expensive, but you either want control of you trailer brakes or you don't.
All others have no direct relationship to what your right foot is doing.
There is a another that works reasonably well: http://www.bestbrakecontroller.com/index.html Lynn

I'll ditto the Prodigy. Easy to install and adjust and works great. I installed it right beside the center console and between the steering column on the slanting area of the lower dash; i.e. right beside my right knee. MR