Brake Indicator dash light

Brake indicator light on the dash of my 1989 Chevy 4X4, blinks seven times, pauses then blinks seven times again and again. It stays on and is brighter
when parking brake is applied. I have replaced all the brakes front and back. (not because of the light - they were done!). Any ideas why or what is wrong? Fuses are all OK. Thanks in advance, Ken

If the system is RWAL (rear-wheel anti-lock), code 7 indicates a shorted isolation valve circuit or a faulty EBCM.
EBCM is the black box next to the master cylinder with all the wires running to it, and isolation valve is located inside the RWAL hydraulic module, located below and to the left of the master.
Doc