Brake light blinking

My brake light on the dash blinks five times pauses then repeats. What does this code mean? 1989 Chev Scottsdale ABS, 4x4, 305, Stepside

code 5
see this link may help
http://www.s10blazers.com/abs_codes.htm#rcode_5
paul
<Jim McCarthy> wrote in message

Thats a great link, got one for the full size trucks?
Charles
Paul wrote:

charles
what year ?
silverado/sierra rwal? or 4wal ?
do you have the code?
paul

How about for a 1989 Chevy Cheyenne Shortbed Stepside - RWAL
My code is 9 short flashes and one long flash.
Thanks in advance!
Paul wrote:

ck this site
http://www.babcox.com/editorial/tr/tr89850.htm
code 9
paul

Looks like you ignored this part; "If you're reading flash codes, start counting from the first long flash. Then add the short flashes that follow. The total of the long flash plus any short flashes that follow equals the number of the code."

NICE! That was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks guy!