Brake lights

the brake light up top works but tailights don't. I have checked bulbs and fuses. all other lights work. Any ideas where to look next. I checked the switch under the brake pedal and noticed two connections on it. It seemed to
be working OK. Is one connection for the upper brake light an for ld one ower tailights? Thanks for any advice. Rick Edwards
what year is your truck? i have an 89 and have had to replace 3 sets of my light sockets...they seem to burn through that chip board they use for the lights. could be that you need some of them...they are about 15 bucks at NAPA.
you can tell if they are going bad by looking at either the socket or the electrical leads laminated on the back. they will be melted.
don't know if this is your problem or not, but a few people i know that has had the 88-?? model chevys seem to have the same issue.
also, your brake light switch is an easy thing to check too...just buy one, if it works keep it, if it doesn't you can take it back.
On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 22:05:47 GMT, "RICHARD EDWARDS"

I have posted the answer to the same problem on my 2001 Trail Blazer in this newsgroup. If you are new or missed it the problem was a recall so take it to the dealer and get it replaced free. Does your flashers work ok , that was the main problem on my truck.
On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 22:05:47 GMT, "RICHARD EDWARDS"

Double check the fuse under the hood if its a truck

Hey All Turns out it was the signal light switch. Would have never guessed. Rick

and
the
seemed