Brake lights

the brake light up top works but tailights don't. I have checked bulbs and fuses. all other lights work. Any ideas where to look next. I checked the switch under the brake pedal and noticed two connections on it. It seemed to be working OK. Is one connection for the upper brake light an for ld one ower tailights? Thanks for any advice. Rick Edwards

Reply to
RICHARD EDWARDS

what year is your truck? i have an 89 and have had to replace 3 sets of my light sockets...they seem to burn through that chip board they use for the lights. could be that you need some of them...they are about 15 bucks at NAPA.

you can tell if they are going bad by looking at either the socket or the electrical leads laminated on the back. they will be melted.

don't know if this is your problem or not, but a few people i know that has had the 88-?? model chevys seem to have the same issue.

also, your brake light switch is an easy th> the brake light up top works but tailights don't. I have checked bulbs and

Reply to
nanook

I have posted the answer to the same problem on my 2001 Trail Blazer in this newsgroup. If you are new or missed it the problem was a recall so take it to the dealer and get it replaced free. Does your flashers work ok , that was the main problem on my truck.

Reply to
Duck

Reply to
Jeremy Bomkamp