Brake Pads on 2000 Silverado

I have 91K on my 00 Z71. The brake pads still look good and I've never had any brake dust build up on the wheels.
Does anyone know; 1- What the factory pads are made of ?
2- Can I buy aftermarket and get the same type or will I need to buy from GM? 3- How many miles are others averaging with these brake pads?
Thanks, Al
Inline................

had
Semi-metallic (aka carbon metallic)

You can buy aftermarket semi-metallic pads for less than the dealer charges. I'd recommend Performance Friction pads, around $39.99/set. Clean, quiet and they stop great.

Not 91K!
Doc
"AL" wrote

had
On the new style trucks, the front brake pads in particular are lasting to really quite unbelievable lengths. Especially with the brake pad wear history of GM vehicles in the last 10-15 years.
I'm seeing more problems with brake pads getting siezed to the knuckle slides then worn brake pads.
Ian
Thanks Doc and Ian, I can't believe how long they have lasted. I did change the rear pads at about 40K because one pad was worn much more then the other three. I guess it was hanging up on the slide bolts or something. I saved the three pads that were still good, if it happens again I'll change just the one that's worn.
Thanks again, Al

from