brake pedal too hard

my chevy s-10 blazer(4.3 ltr.) brakes just got real hard to push, with very little power. I looked into replacing vacuum hose and check valve, but it comes up as "not necessary" or N/A. Is it probably the booster???

Reply to
cjnguitar

Probably. All vacuum bossters have a hose and check valve, just because it says N/A doesn't mean it's not there. Quick check: With the motor off, pump the brakes a few times and then hold the pedal down nice and firm. Start the truck with the pedal still held. It should move down towards the floor a bit and soften up when the motor turns over. If it doesn't, likely the booster.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

"" wrote: > my chevy s-10 blazer(4.3 ltr.) brakes just got real hard to > push, with very > little power. I looked into replacing vacuum hose and check > valve, but it > comes up as "not necessary" or N/A. Is it probably the > booster???

Check the vacuum to the booster,if you have vacuum then replace booster

Reply to
Shakes73