brake switch not the problem...88 chev truck

Good day. I have come to the conclusion that the brake switch is not the problem. I say this because we have tried different ones. The strangest thisng is that when I disconnect the brake switch from under the dash, the
lights are still on. Is this normal. Where else might I be looking to remedy this problem? Any thoughts appreciated.
You might want to look at the hazard lights also, if I recall right they flash the brake lights. Maybe that switch/realy is stuck. My guess anyway...good luck
Bob

82vette wrote:

I had light socket problems with my '88 also way back when, but it didn't cause the lights to stay on - it caused them to not come on at all. I agree with the previous poster and try replacing the emergency flasher relay and maybe even the turn signal relay as well.
Cheers - Jonathan
derekpigeon1 via CarKB.com wrote:

troll
I had that problem on my '88 Sportside... and I think it ended up being a short in the trailer wiring plug? I can't remember the details... but somehow grounding or shorting the brake light wire in the trailer harness completed the circuit for the lights??? David