Break pads and tires for trailblazer 2003

Greetings,
I'm in need of new tires for my 2003 trailblazer, It has around 40K miles on it. Winter is around the corner, I do my own work and like working in the warmer weather. Almost all of my driving is on the
express ways. My break pads 'look' OK the rotors look OK as well. I figure after 3+ years and 40K miles I'm in need of pads as well. With all of the new technology that seems to be coming out daily are there any recommendations on pads, rotors and tires.
As always thanks in advance,
Markus
Tires vary by driving habits and weather conditions, look at the many on Tirerack.com, brakes should be ceramic on this truck.

-
Shep,
Thanks for the information.
Markus