Burning of oil?

changed my 1998 chevy 4x4 1500 5.7l over to synthetic 2 oil changes ago. i've put about 1500 miles on it since last change and have noticed its is right at being low and needing to add some oil. This is the 1st time i have notice it being low and i bought the truck new. It doesn't smoke and has a little over 80,000 on it. Is this ok for a Chevy?

Reply to
Donny Nelms

Looked for leaks yet?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

no leaks eitther

Reply to
Donny Nelms

Top her up, keep her topped up and monitor the oil consumption the next change interval as well, then post back. Could also pull a few plugs to check for oil.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

RE/

I've got a '98 'burb 1500 that I bought new. Started out with syn, switched back to dino from time-to-time. My take is that it burns more on syn than on dino. I can get through a 3,000 mile change interval on dino but have to add a quart on syn.

Reply to
(Pete Cresswell)

Reply to
Dr Z