Burning of oil?

changed my 1998 chevy 4x4 1500 5.7l over to synthetic 2 oil changes ago. i've put about 1500 miles on it since last change and have noticed its is right at being low and needing to add some oil. This is the 1st time i have
notice it being low and i bought the truck new. It doesn't smoke and has a little over 80,000 on it. Is this ok for a Chevy?
--

Donny Nelms snipped-for-privacy@chartertn.net

Union Electricians Do "IT" Without Shorts!

no leaks eitther
--

Donny Nelms snipped-for-privacy@chartertn.net

Union Electricians Do "IT" Without Shorts!

RE/

I've got a '98 'burb 1500 that I bought new. Started out with syn, switched back to dino from time-to-time. My take is that it burns more on syn than on dino. I can get through a 3,000 mile change interval on dino but have to add a quart on syn.
--
PeteCresswell

What about the semi-synthic oils? I use Castrol Durablend in my 5.7 98 .with the same problem of using a quart of old between changes.