cab fliter on 98 ext cab

Anyone know if and where the cab filter is located on a 98 ext cab? I can tell you where it's not located..also, I've seen the term "hush" used when talking about stuff under the dash...what is hush? The dash panels or something else? Thanks for any help...after several trips to Black Rock I keep getting that dusty smell all year long.. Tony Alcocer

Reply to
Tony Alcocer

well i have tried to find mine also on a 2000 silverado z71 extended cab, and yet have found mine, so if anyone can help me also, or has a web page with pics that would be great also, thanks

Reply to
Charles H.

Removal Procedure 1.. Remove the instrument panel hush panel. 2.. Remove the filter access door screw. 3.. Remove the filter access door from the HVAC module. Remove the passenger compartment air filters. Installation Procedure 1.. Install the passenger compartment air filters. 2.. Install the filter access door to the HVAC module.

3.. Install the filter access door screw. Tighten Tighten the screw to 1.6 N·m (14 lb in). 4.. Install the instrument panel hush panel
Reply to
GM Tech

i am a retard when it comes to this, what is a hush plate? sorry for the stupid question

Reply to
Charles H.

the panel that goes above your toes....i think.

The older trucks didn't have 'em....

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Chavers

Reply to
George

Reply to
sidewinder

Do 97`s have a cab filter?

Reply to
Gary Lawrence

must be blind or dont have one, i took panel off, and didnt see any screws or anything behind it

2000 chevy z71 LS
Reply to
Charles H.

Reply to
George

Reply to
George

I thought the 99 Z71 Tahoe's were the last of the old body style and leaf spring Tahoe's. Didn't the LT/LS Tahoe's change to the new style in 99 along with the trucks one year ahead of the Z71 Tahoe? Wasn't the 99 Z71 Tahoe on a 3/4 ton set up? Guessing based on 6 bolt rims, brakes, leaf springs, shocks etc.. the 99 brochures.

Reply to
Gump