Caliper slider pin is stuck

I am trying to replace the calipers and brake pads on the front of a '93 Tracker. I've had a heck of time because of rust, but I managed to get through most of the problems without too much difficulty. Until
now, that is. One of the slider pins is thoroughly stuck. I cut the little rubber boot off and put Liquid Wrench on it and tapped it with a small ball peen hammer to set up a vibration. Then I went back the next day and started on it again. It won't budge. A friend suggested grabbing onto it with vise grips and hitting the vise grips hard with a big hammer. It seemed like a reasonable idea, so we tried it. The slider pin wouldn't budge. We might try again using a bigger hammer and hitting it even harder. However, I am a little worried that we might end up breaking something in the process (including broken bones if someone misses when swinging the hammer ;-) ).
Anyone know a good way to loosen a slider pin that doesn't want to budge? Heat it up with a propane torch? Use a special tool of some kind? What is most likely to work?
Phil
A rebuilt caliper is cheap or heat er up some.

-
Hi Shep,
I already have remanuf. calipers (nice ones from NAPA). I am trying to get the old slider pin out so I can put the news ones in before I put the new pads and calipers on.
Phil
Shep wrote:

Put some heat on the areas of the spindle the pins go through. Then spray the area with some PB Blaster. Heat it again and spray again. Hit the pin a couple times to break it free.
--
Steve Williams

< snipped-for-privacy@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
I have had luck using a plumbers pipe wrench with a 3' pipe on it....
The pipe wrench grabs way tighter than vise grips and the 3' pipe on the handle gives lots of leverage. If the pin has an allen key hole, I put the key in first so it doesn't crush.
Mike 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
snipped-for-privacy@rocketmail.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@rocketmail.com wrote:

HOLD constant presure on the pin using your wrench,, NOW TAP on the PART that the pins goes thru ( Where the TRHEDS are ) and it will looses up.
another words , u are using the Same method for Removing TIE ROD ENDS and Ball Joints with out RENTING or BUYING those SPREADER BARS !! NEVER HIT directly on the Bolt u are trying to GET OUT. HIT on the part it is STUCK INTO !!!