can u help

I have a 1999 chevy z-71 with the 5.3 motor. the problem is i am having a misfire on cylinder #5. i went to have it check out and the mechanic told me it was the fuel pressure regulator. i replaced it and the motor is still acting the same. any ideas on what else it would be would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
poc_price

Step 1. Find a new mechanic.

Reply to
News Skimmer

i have taken my truck to the chevy dealer and 2 other mechanics, i had a tune up done and the fuel rail and the injector cleaned also. do u have any other solutions.

News Skimmer wrote:

Reply to
poc_price

start with looking at spark plug wire....cracked frayed..burned.ect..then pull out you spark plug and clean or replace..

Reply to
kneedeep_4