Cant bleed the brakes on 95 Chevy K-2500

The brakes were working fine with a good pedal. But one front pad was down to the metal. I replaced the pads on both front wheels. As soon as I finished, I stepped on the pedal and it went right to the floor. I
soon noticed brake fluid shooting all over the engine, found the brake line from the ABS to the front left wheel was leaking badly. It was pretty rusty, so I suppose when I used a C-clamp to push in the caliper pistons, I blew that line. I replaced the line, and no more leaks.
I have bleed the brakes and bled them some more. Used almost a quart of fluid, making sure the master cyl. did not go dry. I still have no pedal. Or, I should say the pedal goes all the way to the floor, but it does stop the truck, but it's scary driving it that way.
This is the first vehicle that I've had that has ABS brakes. I've never had this much trouble bleeding brakes. Is there some trick to bleeding these ABS brakes?
I should mention that I bleed them by pumping the pedal, then holding it and opening the bleeders, and repeat... and repeat again, etc... (The same way I've always bled brakes on older cars without ABS).
Thanks
On 09/08/2013 5:19 AM, snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

Google it you will find all kinds of info about it. I had the same problem with a 2003 Silverado. Started with one brake line leak and while bleeding them three others developed in different areas. Ended up replacing all of the original steel lines to solve the problem. If you are still having to add brake fluid then you have more leaks somewhere. If the fluid level is now holding steady but the pedal still goes to the floor then perhaps when you pushed the caliper pistons back loose crap from inside the lines got into the master cylinder and the seals on the piston are now leaking.
Gil
On 8/9/2013 5:19 AM, snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

That could be your problem. Sorry
snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

Sounds like you have air in the ABS unit. Depending on which system it has you may need a scan tool to cycle the ABS unit while bleeding, OR it may have the earlier unit that you bleed using bleeders in the unit itself.
--
Steve W.

One of the adl pins will cycle the abs briefly. I don't recall which one and my searches have failed to provide it. But it can be done.
Cheers