Carb bogging down on acceleration

Anyone have any ideas what would cause my engine to bog down as I step on the gas? The truck starts to accelerate and then it feels like it's about to die for a second or 2, then it picks right back up. It never does die,
but I was just wondering why it would do this. Also, if I am cruising at highway speeds and take my foot off the gas, then slowly easy back on the gas, the engine rev's but the transmission won't engage right away. When the tranny does engage, it jerks a little and pulls to the left.
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks for all the help
Brent 1983 K5 350 700TH4 Holley Carb Edelbrock intake manifold MSD ignition
Bog on Acc. is a lean cond. Adj Acc. pump to move quicker . Check for vacume leaks, check timing Fhis is after a good tune=up if you still have same trouble