carburetor and parts qestions.

ok somebody tell me why that flap on the carburetor is electronical? im sure there are some that arent but what can you do if the electric one gets stuck? and do you know were i can get iterior headliner parts and headliner cheaper then in LMC truck catologs? new or used!! and also my husband has 4 wheel-drive. why does he have to manually lock his hubs for

4 wheel-drive? (just curious to learn more about trucks) i love to work on older style trucks aka(uncomputerized)! why? duno!
Reply to
blazerchic

BlazerChic,

Idle control, if i'm not rusty.

Cheaper than LMC is pretty tough. The u-pull-it down the street should be able to beat it though.

Just the design, they are manual locking hubs. You can also have automatic locking hubs, and the newever vehicles don't have hubs in that sense.

Sounds like hubby is a lucky guy.

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

lol hey your u-pull it may be just down the street but my junk of fun graveyard is an hour and a half away and last time i was there they had EVERYTHING except blazers. well they had one blazer but it was stripped to the frame.go figure! oh yeah the idle on his blazer sounds just as it should LOUD AND MEAN! but does the flap or choke help the idle kick down? or am i way off?!

Reply to
blazerchic

BlazerChic, I'm not the best w/ carbs but I'll attempt. The choke is a flap that goes over the "riser" for the first two barrels. These are the small ones towards the front of the vehicle. It may be electrically heated, or heated by the engine. What I thought you were talking about is the ICC or something along those lines, Idle Curb Control. It constantly adjusts the idle of the machine. But if you truly have a 1990 k5 as your other posts state, unless the engine is not stock, you have a TBI fuel injection system. Is it a swapped-in engine?

GMC Gremlin

1990 GMC F/S Jimmy (GMC's K5 Blazer)
Reply to
GMC Gremlin

well ok his blazer has a 1990 body but the front clip is from a 77 and the engine is a 355 its pretty new probably 13 or 14 thousand miles on it. and everything else underneath is from a 77.(the best year for cars and truck models!) some things line up ok but some things dont this... HIS IDEA! anyways the only thing fuel injected is his little emblem on the back bumper staten that it is!!! but thank you for the info on the caburetor!

Reply to
blazerchic

No problem, body combo's are a very common thing with these trucks!

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

Inline.....................

The choke is electric so it can open gradually as the engine warms up. This would be the same as opening a manual choke, but moving it 1/132" every few seconds. No one wants to do that.

You need to replace the broken component. The choke plate can be propped open temporarily so you don't get stranded.

LMC is pretty much the most expensive place you can buy truck parts. Try

Gremlin already took care of this one.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

man, no kidding, I only use them for stuff I can't get anywhere else... I'm still looking for a pristine red driver's side armrest for my '88 K2500 though.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Is it the true red or the burgundy red you're looking for Bret? Just the armrest?

"Doc"

it's the burgundy arm rest pad I'm looking for, Scottsdale package, manual windows/ locks. Every armrest pad I've come across is in more or less the same poor condition as the one I already have. The only other thing I'm looking for would be a set of red cloth bucket seat skins for a '90 GMC (traded my bench for the buckets/console... I love them, just wish they weren't grey).

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

I'm headed to the junkyard this week and I'll take a look while I'm there...................

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

cool... thanks..