Cats on a 97 GMC Truck

My truck came stock with true duals and I recently put two 40 series flowmaster mufflers on with turn downs right after the muffler. I noticed that it does not have that flowmaster sound. I was told that if I cut the
cats off it will get that sound. But I have heard that by cutting the cats off, that will mess up my computer. I guess the reason being that their is an 02 sensor after the cat. Is this true? What can I do to make my truck sound good with out messing up the computer?
u can buy a "cheater box" that makes your computer think that the cats are still there.
The box simulates a oxygen sensor that senses a right mixture. so the check engine light will stay out
Mathijs

Where can I get that "cheater box"? DO you know what it is called?

It's called an 02 sensor simulator. Can be had for $79.95 each (you'll need two) at:
www.jegs.com www.summitracing.com
Doc

I doubt that will help you.
-- "Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, then he who believes what is a wrong." - Thomas Jefferson Formerly: KJ the Lonely Grease Monkey