Cavalier starting problem

This is the wrong group I know, but here is the problem. I have a 97 cavalier auto 4 cyl, last year our son did in the front fender I knew I couldn't fix it un till spring ( I had surgery) so I took out the battery for the winter. I replaced the fender this week put the battery back into the car but it won't start, it started ok in October b4 I took out the battery, she cranks but won't turn over.

GK =================================== Of Course The Address is Munged ===================================

Reply to
GrailKing

she cranks but won't turn over.

========= =========

I'm lost, confused, disoriented, and do not know which way to go.

Please....... better describe "she cranks but won't turn over".

sounds like a double negative to me.

~:~ MarshMonster ~sips his crownroyal~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

when I turn the key she won't start. it wants to start but just Wrrrrr until the battery wants to give out. Like I mentioned B4 she ran fine in the fall, but after reinstalling the battery she won't start.

Reply to
GrailKing

If it's just "wrrrrr"ing, your starter isn't engaging and contacting the flywheel...the bendix may be bad. Try tapping on the starter with a hammer, that should free it up.

If this works for a few starts and it happens again, you need to pull the starter and either have it rebuilt or replaced. It's not a bad job (it's only a few bolts) but remember to disconnect the battery before you do pull it out.

Reply to
Advocate