CBS Goes To Far

Page 1 of 2
I don't know how many of you know that Dan Rather and 60 Minutes (CBS News) ran a story attacking George Bush and his time in the National Guard. One
of the basis points of this attack garbage where documents which have now been determined to be forgeries! Rather than admit to their biased reporting and lack of professionalism, Dan Rather has attempted to stand behind thier report! This has been done in spite of the Colonels wife and son specifically stating that they did not believe that the documents were real, that the Colonel did not keep typed notes of any sort, and that they did not provide the information from the files! They both have specifically stated that they do not know where the files came from because they did not have them nor did anyone they know! On top of this over a dozen cryptologists have come out and voiced their feelings that the documents are fakes.
Because of this we are calling for a National boycott of CBS and all of its advertisers!
Please email these people voicing your displeasure. To email go to their web site http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/home/main100.shtml and click on "Contact Us" and tell them that you are disgusted with their lack of professionalism and bias in covering this Presidential race!
Thank you,
A Concerned Citizen
An email sent to CBS News Follows:
Dan Rather sucks!
Even I spotted the "th" of the "111th" as a problem and knew that the documents were not created in the time frame reported by you people!
I am calling a boycott of all CBS shows and all CBS advertisers. You will see this note posted all over the internet. I hope you lose millions of dollars because you deserve it for your incredibly biased and unprofessional coverage of the presidential race.
Where is your show featuring the Swift Boat Vets? Where?
Your new detractor, XX XXXXX

Done. It is well known that old Dan Blather is a little left of pink. He is so well liked and admired by the insurgents that he could probably go over there and get the "real inside story". MR
We dont want 4 more yrs of bush. Do you want his viet nam (iraq) to continue???
So you're saying that the ends justify the means? KenG
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

damb straight. i live in canada and what i don't get is why the us is pissing around with this war. what happend to the days of fighting the war to win? by surrounding the country and then sweep from one side to the other, house by house? like in ww1 and ww2
Jesus! I didn't know anyone in Canada had a set of balls. Good on ya mate, a man after my own heart.
GMC Gremlin

house
GMC Gremlin wrote:

Oh, I think there are a lot of Canadians that have a similiar point of view.
Ian
Not to sound like a total prick, but I know a lib jew who thinks so too... Whatever the case, we went in and were just diddling about. You can't fight a war half way. If your not willing to go full bore, don't do it. If your willing to go in and clean house - then it's time to do things and get it over with.
GMC Gremlin

"GMC Gremlin"

actually canadians are well known for agressive fighting in war time. durring ww1 and ww2 they had to hide the fact that there were canadians on the front lines because the enemy would reinforce it's units knowing an advance was coming. now if our comanders would stop making us stand sholder to sholder and walk toward the enemy there would be alot more of us.(but those ones were from newfounland so no big loss)
RE/

My recollection is that somebody asked a general officer named Shinseki how many troops they would need and that, based on his experience in the Balkans, he replied with an unacceptably large number (120,000?, 200,000?...can't recall the exact figure).
Then Rumsfeld & Co more or less ridiculed him in public and now he's "retired".
Same with the guy in the budget office that said the war would cost something like 200 billion - except they just out-and-out fired him and replaced him with another guy that said it would be only 80 bil.
I was half expecting them to replace the second guy with somebody who would say we'd actually make money on the war.
I'm writing this little bit of vitrol as almost lifelong straight-Republican voter: one who voted that way because the Republicans were the party of fiscal responsibility....a sort of "morality", if you will.
Now that party has managed to convert a 200 billion dollar surplus into a half-trillion deficit - apparently under false pretenses.
The party line is that tax cuts will stimulate the economy and the resulting additional tax revenue will make up the deficit.
This sounds to me a lot like the logic expressed by the embezzler who goes to the track and puts somebody else's money on the ponies in hopes of winning back whatever he misappropriated plus some more.
I don't believe in Santa Claus, I don't belive in the Easter Bunny, I don't believe in the Tooth Fairy...and I sure as Hell don't believe anybody can run a half-trillion-dollar deficit without an eventual increase in inflation.
My take: if you're on a fixed income under these guys, you're screwed.
--
PeteCresswell

"(Pete Cresswell)" sounds to me a lot like the logic expressed by the embezzler who goes to

back
that has to be one of the best and most fitting statements about government that i've heard in quite some time.

i don't think you have much of a choice. can you imagine the world view of the usa if they pulled out of iraq without having the government in place there.
the world would see the us as a country that just wanted to push it's weight and test it's bombs, destroying a country and a people and leaving it for the next dictator to florish. terrorism would increase 50%
Why not? thats what they did in nam!!
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Both these wars are political. Is we actually got full support one way or the other, it would go a lot faster.
And what if their cashcrop was Broccoli instead of Oil??? would we have run into this problem in the first place?
The thing They don't understand is that it IS a religious war. its been Christians vs. Muslims for hundreds of years. Both religions say its wrong to kill, but simply change the name from "person" to "infidel" and its ok.
Another question... Where do those 72 virgins come from anyways???
RE/

That's a common misconception, as explained below: ----------------------------------------------------- After getting nailed by a daisy cutter bomb, Osama makes his way to the pearly gates.
There, he is greeted by George Washington.
"How dare you attack the nation I helped conceive!" yells Mr. Washington, slapping Osama in the face.
Patrick Henry comes up from behind.
"You wanted to end the Americans' liberty, so they gave you death!" Henry punches Osama on the nose.
James Madison comes up next, and says "This is why I allowed the Federal government to provide for the common defense!" He drops a large weight on Osama's knee.
Osama is subject to similar beatings from John Randolph of Roanoke, James Monroe, and 65 other people who have the same love for liberty and America.
As he writhes on the ground, Thomas Jefferson picks him up to hurl him back toward the gate where he is to be judged.
As Osama awaits his journey to his final very hot destination, he screams "this is not what I was promised!"
An angel replies "I told you there would be 72 Virginians waiting for you. What did you think I said?" -----------------------------------------------------
Boarderline jingoism, I guess....but it was good for a couple of yuks when I first read it...
--
PeteCresswell

So you're saying the ends justify the means? KenG
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Come on... pull your head out from your ass, and after your brain gets a few days of oxygen, try 'n' have an original thought or two. Bush is the privileged prodigal son of German-American elitists that have been robbing this nation from before WWII. They're doing it now, and will continue to do so even _if_ the American people wise up, and send this masquerading theocrat and robber baron back to their phoney Crawford ranch. Otherwise, be the willing loyalist to empire... But be willing to pay the price with the sacrifice of your liberty, economic security, etc, etc, etc.-- as the reaper will not be easily satisfied.
On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 02:03:54 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (GC) wrote:

And, you think the other blue blood, flip flopping traitor is the logical choice to be president? MR
MR wrote:

How many are voting FOR Kerry, and how many are just voting AGAINST Bush?
Yes Mr. Mr, it's very much the _logical_ choice, and not [only] the otherwise _emotional_ Kerry Vs. Bu$h argument... although, Bu$h IS a puke-bag, while Kerry _can_ form intelligent coherent [full] sentences, and even be quite statesman-like. And he would definitely make more rational decisions, at least the ones allowed by the ruling powers. With that said (with a bit too much _emotion_), the _logical_ choice is indeed Kerry. As he represents (determined by those using a balanced _logical_ rationale) certain _expectations_, platform doctrine, freedoms/liberties, and an agenda that is considered either [partly] worthy, and/or as "the lesser of two evils". More and more people are realising both parties are largely beholden to the ruling elites/establishment, but many people also know that both are "allowed" certain "privileges" as to how we live our lives--or if you will; as to which form [and degree] of servitude we prefer.
With people like Bu$h, the _expectation_ [and reality] is; world wars, lesser wars, rumors of wars, war profiteering, corporate/industrial manipulation/profiteering, loss of liberty, loss of economic stability and business opportunities, loss of self-determination, loss of progressive/expanded education/thinking, loss of our "protections under the law", greater abuses of "the rule of law", loss of privacy, loss of national security, loss of national sovereignty... more control, more monitoring, more "globalism", more capitalism, more materialism, more inflation, more price gouging, more deficits, more debt, more waste of tax-payer monies... more funnelling of the public's money to banks (banking elite), corporations, industry (welfare), pharmaceutical makers, corporate agri-business, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,
If you want more of this from your traitor Bu$h Klan, then by all means, help yourself!