Centering Steering Wheel

Had truck aligned now steering wheel is not straight. How do you adjust? 2007 Chevy Silverado

Take it back, this is part of setting the toe in!

-

Like the previous poster said, straightening the wheel is part of the alignment job. Someone got lazy. It's happened to me before, I just used my puller and did it myself rather than take it back and leave it.. But this was on a pre-airbag '94 Suburban.
I thought you adjust the toe in and out to correct, not pull the steering wheel. At least in airbag days>

You still do because you have to maintain center in steering box too for it to track right. If you pull wheel to fix it it is no longer properly center on steering box sector gear. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Very alert something no one used to think about doing that.
wrote:

-

I actaully did do that once in a old 4x4. There was a slight imbalance in the boost valve and it wanted to return to center about 2 inches off so I did reindex the steering wheel then because then I had a striaght wheel and it tracked straight with hands off. If I center it up via tie rods it always wanted to wander to one side a bit. This was kinda a exception to the rule. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

You can't do that now anyway. There's a keyed spline so the wheel will only correctly fit the shaft in one position. -- Old Crow "Yol Bolsun!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '74 XLH chopper(gone but not forgotten) BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

Is the drag link adjustable? The drag link is the rod that goes from the pitman arm to (usually) the steering knuckle on the passenger side.

No. T'was me, I'd take it back to the guy that did it and bitch. Centering the wheel is part of the alignment process, and he didn't do his job right. -- Old Crow "Yol Bolsun!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '74 XLH chopper(gone but not forgotten) BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

Agreed, just providing a reason/solution.

Results of Pulling = a defective tire. Reference www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid

Very true too. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com