Ceramic Brakes

I need to get new front brakes for My '95 Blazer. My automotive store said that they have new ceramic brakes available. Are these brakes worth getting
($55/pair)? Do they do excessive wear to the rotors?
Thanks, Aaron
I got them for my 95 Sierra 4x4 and they seem to be OK. I dont really think there is a HUGE difference. ANy other thoughts?
"Aaron" <x> wrote in message

said
getting
I just put a set on my 97 Tahoe, along w/new drilled rotors, I am NOT impressed. I liked my HD SUV Bendix pads better with the old rotors.

"Aaron" <x> wrote in message

said
getting
Aaron,
Save yer' money and grab a set of Performance Friction pads (around $39.99, lifetime guarantee). Clean, quiet, and lots of STOPPING power. I love em' and une em' on all my trucks. Ceramics are overkill for a Blazer that sees normal use.
Doc

Doc, Where can I find these? I truly have not been impressed with the ceramics

$39.99,
em'
sees
I use these as well, got them from AutoZone. Work great & have less dust than the OEM GM pads. Stopped all sqeaking too.
My Own Little Universe wrote:

if you are in MI, NE or NW Ohio, Indiana or Chicago, go to Murray's Discount Auto Parts (Im a parts counterperson at one of the NE Ohio stores...) we sell Bosch Ceramic Pads, and have them for most applications
Jason Parts counterperson for MDAP #263 (Mayfield Hts, Ohio location)
Find a Murrays Near you....
http://www.murraysdiscount.com
"Our job at Murray's is simple - to get you ALL the parts and accessories you need the FIRST time you visit our store. And, as millions of customers in the greater Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, and Toledo markets will tell you, we do this better than any other auto parts chain in the USA."
do the performance pads wear out the rotors? I've always heard pads with lifetime warranty are so hard they tear up the rotors??
Thanks

$39.99,
em'
sees
not that I know of

What price range were the performance pads in? Do they make them for the rear drums as well?

store
love

worth
that
good. Getting rid of these ceramics ASAP. I wonder if 3 months is too long to try to say I was unhappy with their performance and get some credit.......

(around
. Re: Ceramic Brakes Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sat, Oct 11, 2003, 1:36am (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (MyOwnLittleUniverse)
good. Getting rid of these ceramics ASAP.
I wonder if 3 months is too long to try to say I was unhappy with their performance and get some credit....... ========= =========
Hell yeah..... you''re not happy with them....
AND THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!
give em a call and tell em the truth....that you're concerned with the noise and that they seem to be "scarring" your rotors.....and if they are customer oriented ....you shouldn't have a problem.
let us know
marsh monster ~it's a wallmart kinda world~
got them from 'advance auto'
(My Own Little Universe)
good. Getting rid of these ceramics ASAP.
I wonder if 3 months is too long to try to say I was unhappy with their performance and get some credit....... ================ Hell yeah..... you''re not happy with them....
AND THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!
give em a call and tell em the truth....that you're concerned with the noise and that they seem to be "scarring" your rotors.....and if they are customer oriented ....you shouldn't have a problem.
let us know
marsh monster ~it's a wallmart kinda world~
he he...what an assumption (customer oriented!!) most of the stores like this around here, you're lucky if they look you in the eye and give you the RIGHT part, let alone take care of you down the road :) I'm very fortunate to have a good friend as a manager in a large parts store here...takes the pain out of shopping around.
AND THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!
give em a call and tell em the truth....that you're concerned with the noise and that they seem to be "scarring" your rotors.....and if they are customer oriented ....you shouldn't have a problem.
let us know
marsh monster ~it's a wallmart kinda world~
I've got a set of Raybestos Brute Stop pads on the front of my 91 Z71. Those pads alone meant the difference between "no hope in hell" of locking up the tires on a hard-brake application to "howling the meats" at will...

$39.99,
em'
sees