Cevy truck skipping

my 1993 k1500 pu with 107,000 is skipping, the tac jumps when driving down the road. I have a 1993 Chev K1500 P/U 350, v-8 I noticed a few weeks ago that when I was driving down the road the tac would jump and it felt like
the engine was skipping not all the time and not a hard skip but I could feel it. The temp gauge was going all the way over the 260 line but the vehicle wasn't overheating. The guages were not accurate at times either. I changed the plugs, wires, rotor, cap, thermometer but didn't fix the problem. Now if I drive the vehicle for a say 15 minutes it shuts down and I can't start it. I have also changed the fuel pump sensor but that hasn't worked either. My mechanic it seems is just guessing now and it is becoming a little fraustrating, car repair is not my strong suit.

Sounds like what you need is a competent mechanic.
Steve
Again on this forum, seconded!

-
You should remove the battery cables and clean ALL connections with baking sode made into a paste with water. scrape all the corosion off with a knife or brush. rinse with water to remove the paste and i believe you will find everything works well now. it also will start and die while driving, but usually starts right back up while driving. these systems are very touchy and we (#) of us have all had the same problem and that fixed it.(they would turn over wehen stopped, but run badly.) no problems now for 3 years. 1999 chevrolet TAHOE. old john

check out the the ignition control module located in the distributor. napa had equipment to check it out. mine was bad, your problems are similar, would run then shut down.
I got the truck working and I want to thank you all for your help, it was the ignition module and the temp gauge sender which made the gauge peg out. Thanks agian.