Chains or Snowtires

Page 2 of 2
being from the San Francisco Bay Area, the population of SUV's around here cracks me up...extra large ones like Escalades, Expeditions, or Excursions...the luxury models from Lexus, Mercedes and Infinity...would
their owners actually consider taking them off somewhere where they might even need chains/cables, get dirty, and possibly scratch the paint job?
Don't think I've ever seen one with a trailer hitch yet.....(Ok, I'm in deep shit now)
Drive out to I-80 near Vallejo on a Sunday evening and look at all the skiers coming home. The only time most of them ever get dirty. The last two weekends have been good for skiing, takes me an extra half hour to get from Sacramento to Fremont. My wife's sister has 2WD Explorer that they call "the rig". My daughter (21 years) burst out laughing when they drove across a gravel parking lot and aunt bragged about how they could drive off road in the rig. I retired my 79 Scout after many a fine gold prospecting and 'wheeling trip. 1998 GMC Jimmy is OK for forest service roads but not much for real 4X4, but then I'm not up for much hard off road use any more either.