Changed Cabin Air Filter

Page 1 of 2
02 1500, got up energy to change the cabin air filter this weekend. Instructions downloaded from the internet mentioned 3 screws to remove bottom cover, whilst standing on my head and wondering why it would not come
down, found the 4th screw. Removed the filter cover and could not believe the crud that was present on/in/near the filters. Sucked all the remaining area clean and reinstalled new filters and had first time luck installing the screw above the transmission hump. Much more flow rate now and smells better!

When I changed mine in my '99, I did not completely remove the screw above the hump. With the other screws removed and the hump screw loose, the cover just slides out of the way.
HTH
Autumn
I threw the hump screw away, made my life easier!
Al Bottoms Up Divers

I threw the hump screw away, made my life easier!
Al Bottoms Up Divers

I threw the hump screw away, made my life easier!
Al Bottoms Up Divers

Have no idea what I did to make that reply post three time. Sorry for the waste of time and bandwidth.
Al

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 00:19:56 GMT, "ajtessier"

Hmm, I wonder if it isn't an Outlook Express thing. Happens on other NGs quite often with Outlook Express and GOOGLE Groups.
I throw away the odd screw too in order to keep my sanity. Got the end missing off my left thumb and can't always starts screws with my left hand while some situations make it impossible to use my right. My better half gets lots of calls for assistance.
:) - Regards Gordie
I'l like to change mine. Could you post a link to the web site where you found the information. TIA TomC

the

not
installing
The last and final screw I found was next to the accelerator pedal foot rest. Tried to move cover away but could not. YMMV The diagram I had showed the hump screw and two to the right of it, no mention of the 4th to the left of the hump screw.

Off topic, but my 2000 Montana, I opened the glove box, opened the cover in the back. Pulled out the two filters, slid new ones in, closed the doors. 1 minute. :)
LS

Tried to have mine changed in my 04 Avalanche. Found out that some came with it and some came without, puzzled why they would make two different setups with cabin air filters.
--
All Email Scanned and declared
Virus Free by Norton System Works

I have an 03 1500, where did you find the information on the internet?
Thanks, Kevin
This is the one my 2002 uses, http://www.hastingsfilter.com/products/af1114.pdf You would have to look up a 2003 hastings filter (if the 2003 has one) to get the specifics on yours.
says...

and here is one specific for your 2003 http://www.hastingsfilter.com/products/af1231.pdf
says...

What year did they start installing cabin filters? I have a 92 and was just wondering. Doug S
says...

somewhere in 1996
--
All Email Scanned and declared
Virus Free by Norton System Works
somewhere in 1996 --------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, If you are correct about this, is there then a cabin filter on a 1997 Tahoe 4x4 LT? Thanks, Mark
The easiest way to find out is via an online parts search (napa etc) or call a local parts dealer . The chevy dealer would know for sure. I know somewhere the did not include them.....don't know why....probably bean counters.

snipped-for-privacy@idontkno.com says...

Thanks Mike - greatly appreciated. I think this weekend I'll be removing the 4yo filter and either order the one you mentioned or see if the local autoparts store has a compatible one. Thanks again!
Take care, Kevin
Glad to help.....I did not use the hastings because of availability....went to napa and got their "gold" equivilent. Appreciate the hastings having an online installation guide.
says...