Changed Cabin Air Filter

Page 2 of 2 says...

One thing I wanted to point out to all as I came across this: Double check the the part you intended to order based on the year of your vehicle against the OEM part# - I say this because while I have a 2003 Silverado LS 1500 Ext Cab 4WD w/5.3L V8 (Type T), the OEM part# for the cabin filter crossreferences to a 2002 Silverado. I actually talked to Hastings and they told me since I purchased my truck in Oct-2002, yes it was a 2003 model, but it still used some 2002 components. I discovered this only because the cabin filter for a 2003 was a single filter while the 2002 was a 2-piece kit - had I not double checked against the OEM part# in my owner's manual, I would have purchased the wrong part. Hastings said GM/Chevy probably made the change to the trucks actually manufactured in 2003.

Related Threads is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.