changing from tail gate to barn doors

Hi, I'd really like to have barn doors on my -96 Suburban. What adjustments do I have to make? ... hinges, weatherstip, paint job etc?

Reply to
diesel©

The entire door frame. I went thru this with a customer some years back. In the end he thought it would have been cheaper and less labor intensive to just buy a sub with the 'coffin doors'. But dont ley that stop you, if you really want to do it it would be most effiecient to shop the wrecking yards for a front end total without damage to the back end. Have them cut it off at the wheel wells and then you peel the outer skin from it. You might want to ask your local dealers parts dept for a print of the two illustrations of the different back ends. If they want more than a thanks, try another dealer.

----- Original Message ----- From: "diesel©" Newsgroups: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 6:16 AM Subject: changing from tail gate to barn doors

Reply to
sr pucher

Thank you! That was very useful information. Buying another suburban with doors is not really a option for me, since the range of used subs is limited in Sweden.

"sr pucher" skrev i meddelandet news:G9WKc.134749$XM6.84099@attbi_s53...

Reply to
diesel©