Charging system questions

I just bought this truck a month ago and have another annoying problem............. If I let my truck (1996 Yukon w/350) sit for the weekend, the battery will
be almost dead when I try and start it on Monday. I tried to check the amperage at the negative battery cable but got very negligible readings. I.e.. with the Multimeter on 200 MicroAmps I get a reading of .2 I don't see how this little of a draw can be affecting the battery. Since I just bought the truck I went ahead and bought a new battery today, so I know for sure that isn't the problem. I checked again with my multimeter this afternoon for the amperage draw and with the meter on 200 MicroAmps it now reads 1.1. While watching the meter I went ahead and started pulling fuses to see if it would go to zero and isolate a possible problem. I pulled every fuse in the panel on the end of the dash and there were no changes. I went under the hood and pulled all those fuses and there was still no changes. I connected the battery and tightened all the connectors and started the truck to measure the alternator output. With nothing on the Voltmeter rear 14.1 VDC. When I turned the defrost on full, brights, and rear defrost on, the readings dropped steadily to around 13.4 at idle Are these reading too low?? Since the alternator is directly connected to the battery is there a possibility it is drawing current??
On a side note, I found the original window sticker for my truck and it said it has daytime running lights. I noticed the little green light on the dash, but I have no extra lights lit when I start the truck. When I did my load test I noticed on the two inside brights were lit. Is this normal, or is a filament on my outer bulbs burned out??
Thanks again for any help, Mike
Check your under hood light, glove box, and interior lights. The interior light switches in the dash where the doors contact them may be iffy. One of my switches opened when it got cold. And had caused the battery to run down on a few occasions. It seems the dash plastic had moved away from the door.
Cheers

Mike wrote:

That is as good as no current. Thats 0.0000002 amperes!! It is not a draw on your battery.
Even the tiniest of light bulbs pull about 0.025 amperes.

Now it is way, way up to .0000011 amperes. Even an LED is going to draw a few milliamperes. Simply don't worry about it.

Those reading are about normal. Nothing to worry about. Even at 13.4 you are putting some charge current into the battery.

Yes. That micro ampere reading is just about what I would expect the reverse current through the diodes to be.

I am not certain just what you are talking about. Maybe someone else can tell you. Could they be a high beam indicator?
Anyway, it sounds like you had a bad battery and took car of the problem.
I think, that he thinks, that one of his headlights might have a dead short? I think it's a bad batt... you went through everything your supposed too. If it dies again, try disconnecting the alt and seeing if it doesn't fix it...
~KJ~

Right on. He doesn't have anything draining the battery. That current he measures is as good as nothing.
With that drain the internal drain is way greater than that. It will drain a good battery in a few months. .2 micro amperes would take thousands of years!
KJ wrote:

Maybe he's parking on a concrete floor... hehe
~KJ~