check engine light

My check engine light came on. I had the code scanned and it said bank 2 oxygen sensor. I replaced both down stream o2 sensors and reset the light. 50 or so miles later the light came back on. help

--
5.7 liter 1997 4x4

I would've replaced the upstream sensor on bank 2 first.
Gary Lawrence wrote:

what does bank 2 mean.
passenger side exhaust.
ENGINE B1S1 B2S1 | | | | CatConv CatConv | | | | B1S2 B2S2 | |

You are correct. Just replaced b2s1 and I am going for a ride.I may also replace the last o2 sensor and have all four new. thoughts 120 k miles 97 350 thanks for the help

miles
Here's my thoughts. Quit throwing expensive parts at it! Get the EXACT code that was set to find out what the problem really was/is. It could be the sensor's heater, could be lean, could be rich, etc. The problem may not even be the 02 sensor itself, but it's finding a problem with the fuel delivery system somewhere.
Doc