Chev Pickups look like Jap trucks

I've been a Chevrolet owner since 1967. There is well more than one reason for that, but one of them is because I take pride in being an American, and I thought Chevrolet did to. Yes, even
though the name has some connection with a French influence from way long ago, thats never been really obvious.
Even though we are inevitably headed to "one world gov'ment," I still want American. I still want an American identity, even as fast as it's disappearing. Hopefully, I'll be dead before everyone in the entire world is an American.
I don't buy a Chevrolet truck because they look like a Toyota Tundra, or a Nissan Titan. Although it's a perfect reason for me NOT to buy one. Maybe even ever again. GM is making it evident that loyal lifetime Chevrolet owners don't want Chevrolets any more, and yes, I dont' care if they do have "Classic," model for me. It isn't enough, not nearly enough.

THey are also making it clear that they do nt want real bumbers anymore either. Those big impressive looking bumper wings in pront of front wheel are chrome plated plastic. I will never buy a new truck with a plastic front bumper. I have owned many GM trucks starting with a 66 model and my current one is a 2000 Chevy K3500 SRW old style with a full metal bumper. When I replace it it will not be with a new Chevy (and quite honestly I am not sure what I would replace it with today if I had too) GM has kinda forgotten what a P/U is really suposed to be. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
I agree with you, SnoMan. The 2000 Chevy (old style) are the last of a dying breed of true GM trucks. I bought a new 2000 K2500 and I wouldn't part with it for the world. in my opinion, it was the nices looking truck on the dealers lot compaired to the 1/2 tons with the new body style.
The only complaint I have is the brakes. Especially the rear. They are always grabbing hard after the truck sits idles for several hours on damp days. Local GM dealer says it's the brake dust sticking to the drums. It's usually clears up after the first 5 minutes of driving. They told me the only GM buliten on the issue recommends replacing the drums (but there's nothing wrong with my drums now and I personally don't think that would solve anything.) Any thoughts on this????
Cookie

I have the EXACT same problem with my 2000 K3500. I am think of changing drums when I do its first rear brake job. I think what is happening is that the low quality alloy in drums is surface rusting easily in damp weather which makes surface sticky and causes brakes to grab until it is buffed off. It seems to get worse with age. My nickle is on the drums being the cause here. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

[...]

I too was under impressed with the front bumper on the new Chevy's. It looks impressive, but one tap on the corners and you know it's plastic. Should prove profitable for the after market.

Did you ever think 'They are making their's to look like ours?' I do agree, the front end is not like it should. But I guess you would say the Avalanche looks like the honda too...

better than ford looking like the dodge trucks.. isn't it.. OH .. Ford is losing millions on the new "super cab" so called built ford shit model. The engine gernades under 30k.. LOL you know they aren't jap after that fact LOL

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 22:40:39 -0400, "chevrolet"

What came first the chicken or the egg ? I think the Avalanche was out before the Honda. I'll stick with my 90's 6.5 TD's run great, pulls our 10,000# trailers around with no problem. No plastic bumpers and no problems with the brakes...
on Wednesday 01 August 2007 09:08 pm, someone posing as Nasty Camaros took a rock and etched into the cave:

I tried to convince my wife to let me buy a '97 'burb with a 6.5 TD.
I just tested the Toyota Tundra yesterday.
Too small. Honestly, I'd thought they had made it bigger. I went right from my mid-size Avalanche to the Tundra and felt immediately cramped in the Tundra. Didn't even bother taking it out to drive.
--
www.perfectreign.com

I own a Toyota Corolla. It is made in America. I see absolutely identical Chevy Geo's that are made in Japan! I find it extremely difficult to find American made anything anymore.
Deut 28:13
13 And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them: KJV
Deut 28:15
15 But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee: KJV
Deut 28:44
44 He shall lend to thee, and thou shalt not lend to him: he shall be the head, and thou shalt be the tail. KJV