chevrolet tail gate cables

Well the tail gate support cables on my 2002 Chevrolet 2500HD extended cab truck got replaced today. They broke when I was loading my 450# riding lawn
mower into the box. They replaced them with brand new ones of the same type. Dealer says that the new type won't be available till fall. Oh yeah, the dealer screwed up and left the MADE IN CHINA sticker on one of the cables. Hope they saved a lot of money on the china crap parts. Guess I will be taking a much closer look at the Japaneese trucks next time I shop for a vehicle. No sense trying to buy American products when they are full of foreign parts and pretend to be "Made in USA".
Out of the 2000 or so cables that we have replaced I have yet to see made in china...... Alan

Go to most parts stores and buy their after-market you'll usually get China or Mexico.
Brian

My chevy is not pretending, it says made in canada right on it!