Chevron vs. Valvoline oil

Anyone out there have a opinion on Chevron premium 10/30 and Valvoline 10/40 for a 89,000mi straight 6 Thanks

Sorry i meant Valvoline 10/30 not 10/40
Randy,
I'm not sure about the Chevron oil, but I do know about the Valvoline. To start off with, I am a Manager at a Valvoline Instant Oil Change. So this can be seen as self serving, but, unless you don't do your own oil changes, and you live in Southern New Hampshire, there really is nothing I'll be gaining from this. Now to the oil, I would recomend going with the Valvoline Max Life oil. I have 2 vehicles, both of which have over 150,000 miles. The first time I used it was in a '91 Audi 200QT. On my way home after using it, I saw an increase in power, the engine ran cooler, and my mileage went from 24 mpg to 25 mpg. For my truck ('90 K1500), I don't have a comparison between the Max Life and another oil, I bought it around a month and a half ago, and went straight to work and changed it along with the diff, transfer case, and tranny fluid. Having talked to customers who use it, most have told me that they also noticed a difference. Also, if you have minor oil leaks, the Max Life will help recondition the seals and gaskets and can stop the leaks.
Enjoy Bill

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 19:11:37 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Valvoline is a blended oil. That means they get base stocks from different oil companies, including Chevron, not just one company.
IMO, both are great oils. You wont go wrong either way