Chevy 2500HD tailgate capacity

Page 2 of 3
I am surprised that there is no solid answer. The question is of obvious great importance, for example to know how heavy can be a machine that can be safely loaded using ramps and comealongs. Dynamic
load (in a moving truck) is also of interes.
On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 04:44:22 +0000 (UTC), Ignoramus22056

Welll the proper way to say for sure would be to set up a destrictive test to see where it fails at and then consider about 50% of that the everday limit. When I work in Flight Test for many years we did a lot of "destructives and non destructive testive of parts to see where they fails at and their warning signs of failure because they parts would be loaded with strain gages to record the parts reaction to stress. It was pretty interesting sometimes when you put theories and designs to test to see they work as planned ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

You worked in a flight test?? WTF they drop ya on your head?

Probably more like this:
http://images.spaceref.com/news/2003/9.6.2003_05.med.jpg

For many years in R&D and I could tell you some stories that you would likely never believe just like other things because you have trouble accepting that someone knows something that you do not. Next time you use a GPS (if you know how to) you can thank the test wing I worked for because we did the flight tests for it in the very late 70's and early 80's when it was under the project name of NavStar. The unit you hold in your hand, that technology took up over half the cargo area of a C141 during testing. I can still tell you how it works because its theory has not changed to this day but you would not beleive that either. I worked on a lot of cool test projects that are in use today by military. Guess where the MIG that North Korean pilot defected with in early 90's went. It went to a museum when they were done with it. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
snipped-for-privacy@snoman.com says...

Yippie... None of this qualifies you to give automotive related advice.

Was that a put down? Man that was a lamest attempt at a put down I've ever seen.

No thanks, we can Google it and find out how it ACTUALLY works.

What does a mig have to do with any of this or the fact that you shouldnt be giving advice on automobiles? Man the things that you pull out of your ass just to justify your worthless existence on the internet is astonishing.

Actually it does because I have a engineering background in electrical and mechanical and even studied IC engine design theorys in college and even wrote a few papers on it. (automotive has been a hobby for nearly 40 yerars and I used to street rod when car were real cars and engines were truely awesome) I can apply knowledge, theory and experiance to real world applications because as a engineer you understand how and why thing work and if they do not you find out why. People that make comments such as your have trouble believing that anyone can truely be knowledgable in so many areas because they are not. The realy sad part is when they have a chance to learn something they attack the source rather than learn something because you can learn until the day you die unless you are too thick headed to do so because you are already a "expert" on everything. Knowledge is free you can waste it is you choose. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Exactly what is meant when you say "background?"
In article <nonelson-721747.09513528102006

No...Actually it doesnt. And you prove that to us every day.

Well I can safely say my background exceeds that.
Notice he makes no claim in having a degree in any of the above. I done some research and this is the most I got "I drove dump trucks in 70's as summer jobs while going to college for engineering degree and they were..." and "while pesuing a engineering degree..." Notice no claims of actually getting a degree. Not that it matters. I know people with engineering degrees and they know little if anything about cars.
snipped-for-privacy@snoman.com says...

Clearly your understanding of cars hasnt evolved ANY in nearly 40 years.

You mean when they were truely inefficient gas hogging coffins. Give me airbags and a LS2 anyday. Oh by the way that engine is clearly way out of your league in understanding.
I think he might truly have an engineering degree....my only evidence is that he can't spell worth a shit.
says...

Interesting. Nevertheless why don't you stick to that and leave auto and truck repair to those who have done or continue to to it. It would save you the embarassment of being constantly corrected and otherwise chastised.

Like R & D ever had to produce a viable product. <rolls eyes>

That's pretty much what we've been seeing from you. Unbelievable stuff.

Ego gone berserk.

I think the thanks should go to the people who engineered the system down to where it doesn't need a cargo plane to move it.

And your theoretical knowledge about how GPS works has what to do with anything related to the auto/truck groups where you post, other than we now have vidiots staring at there GPS dashboard screens instead of watching where the fuck they're going?

Test projects are a far cry from a working salable unit. The dumpsters around here are full of test projects.
The auto repair industry is chock full of people who are good at tests but can't fix a car for shit.

No doubt they handed it right over to you and Al Gore.

Why is this not surprising?
Ever think of retiring?
On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 03:55:09 GMT, aarcuda69062

This is so funny coming from you. It is your mission in life ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Your continued BS is abuse.

Your mission in life seems to be related to installing the wrong brake parts. Thing is, the pride you show doing such makes you nothing more than a sociopath.

You have it wrong, guys like you make it happen because when someone does know and you do not or cannot understand you attack them to make up for your own insecurity. Knock yourself out. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

As been proven time and time again, that someone sure as hell is not YOU!

You are constantly corrected because you post weong answer's

What you perceive to be "insecurity" is actually professionalism. No wonder you can't recognize it.

If you want to see a half wit, look in the mirror. Grow up ----------------- TheSnoMan.com