Chevy 4x4 van

I recently bought a 1985 Chevy 4x4 van. This is my first big 4x4 (i had a toyota and an old beater subaru before) so I'm not real familiar with Chevys
or anything like them. The problem's that because it's a van and it had to be converted to 4wd after it came off the line so the 4wd parts probably came off of some other truck. it does, however, look to be professionally done and it runs pretty good. it's high milage though and it needs some work but i don't know how to identify what the 4wd parts are (t-case, front diff, locking hubs). does anyone know a website with this information? or would anyone want to look at some pictures i could email to them. Thanks Al snipped-for-privacy@removetosenduaf.ed to email me, remove "remove to send from my email address. i've had a couple of email addresses spam killed by posting my email address in newsgroups. i suggest you do the same.
akanon wrote:

Probably http://www.quigley4x4.com/ they are about the only outfit doing the conversions. The parts are factory GM stuff using custom mountings.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

I am npt sure about some of this because vans of the era had a wider track and there is no stock GM front drive axle that would fit it. It should not be hard to idenetify the front axle from looking at it and same for transfer case. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
SnoMan wrote:

The few I have worked on all had factory parts. Transfer cases and front axles were from 1 tons.
--
Steve W.

I do not question the Tcases but the axle would be a issue unless maybe they are using 1ton axle from a dualie which has a offset hubs to use offset dualie rims and this would be wider with standard rims bolted on as a standard axle would be too narrow by about 3 inches or so. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

I noticed that the new van conversions generally use dana 60 front axles. I can't seem to find any model number stamps on mine though. Granted, I haven't looked very hard because there's still snow on the ground here in Alaska and i don't have a garage. Alfred