Chevy Blazer

I was driving my 97'Blazer all day today until sudden on the HWY it started picking up on speed by it self w/cruise control being off. By the time I made it home, I could not even use the brakes. Even stepping
hard on my brake it kept still moving forwards. My neighbor check the pedal, but was not stuck. He said that something is definitely stuck there, it idles very high. Does anyone could tell me what problem I have here??? There was also some kind burning smell (like metal or so) thanks in advance

Disconnect the cruise control throttle cable from the throttle linkage. Follow the cable from the cruise control module on the firewall to the throttle linkage, then just pop it off. Sounds like the module went south and is jammed on, which will hold the throttle open regardless of where your foot is on the pedal. The burnt smell was your brakes as you probably cooked em' pretty good with all of the excessive pedal effort.
Doc